Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Art of Draw is on the road

Do you live in the South West of England and want free tea, coffee and cakes? I'm involved in a series of talks for Business Link on viral marketing. During the break you get fed!

Thursday 7 September - AFC Bournemouth
Tuesday 12 September - Royal Chase Hotel, Shaftesbury
Thursday 14 September - The Corn Exchange, Dorchester (Best cakes!)
Tuesday 19 September - University of Southampton
Thursday 21 September - Quay Arts, Newport
Wednesday 27 September - Basingstoke Country Hotel
Thursday 5 October - Hilton National Portsmouth

Amongst other things I’ll be demonstrating how a furniture company could use viral marketing to it’s advantage. This was a challenge by a previous guest who claimed that online games were of no use to his business.



Contact Business Link Wessex for more details. The event is called E-Technology – Maximising your potential. All events go from 17.00 to 19.30.

Some events may be full. Contact me and I’ll make sure you get a ticket.

2 Comments:

At 11:04 pm, Blogger J Bonington Jagworth said...

Much enjoyed your presentation at the Quay Arts Centre tonight, especially as I'm pretty new to blogging. I meant to ask (but only thought of it later) what effect you thought viral marketing might have on conventional (and expensive) advertising media? I get the feeling that VM is effective at the moment because of the novelty factor, but I guess it will remain popular as long as the quality stays high...

 
At 9:31 am, Blogger mhawkyard said...

I would say that online viral marketing is no longer a novelty. Lets take advergaming as an example. The company I’ve worked for have been doing this for seven years now. I know of some companies (including me using Shoot’Em Up Construction Kit on the Amiga – umm, more proof for the Mike’s a techno geek camp there I feel) who where distributing branded games via shareware on 3.5 inch disks.

We certainly get asked to produce Online Games by many brands now whereas two years ago the “G” word was never mentioned in polite business conversation.

As for impacting traditional advertising – yes, massively. Check out stories like this. At the same time viral can be used to increase traditional advertising campaigns penetration making them even more popular. Check out the MySpace Towel Boy pages for Lynx.

Glad you enjoyed my presentation. Good luck with the blogging. Try visiting www.feedburner.comto get your RSS feed noticed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home